Contents Download Pdf
- Chrome Yellow
- Efficiency Of Chrome Yellow
- Prussian Blue
- Efficiency Of Prussian Blue
- Pigments–A pigment is a finely divided material which contributes to optical and other properties of paints. Pigments may be classified according to their composition or source which they are obtained from. However the most common and useful classification is that color pigments can be made using simple chemical reactions and techniques.
- Poster Paints- Grinding a pigment or a mixture to a very fine powdered and then suspending the powder ina very fine liquid makes poster paint so as to a uniform suspension. For making poster paints the pigents made by various chemical reactions are thoroughly mixed with the medium. Sometimes the paint hardens but the addition of lukewarm water to it can soften it.
- Medium- Medium used for making paints is made by mixing 30ml of clear glue with 10ml of water and adding a drop of liquid detergent to it.
Chemically known as LEAD CHROMATE (PbCrO4) the yellow pigment is obtained as follows:
- Dissolve 7gm of Potassium Chromate in 50mL water and 10gm Lead Nitrate in 100mL water in Two Separate Beakers.
- Pour The Potassium Chromate Solution in the Lead Nitrate and stir continuously.
- Lead Chromate seperates as precipitate and is the required pigment.
- Filter the precipitate and dry the pigment.
K2CrO4 + Pb(NO3)2 PbCrO4 + 2KNO3
Total mass of reactants used = (Excluding the mass of water used for dilution)
Mass Of Paint/Pigment Obtained = Efficiency in formation of yellow colour =
Chemically known as Complex Ferro Cyanide (Fe4[Fe(CN)6]3)
- Make A solution of 5gm of Hydrated Iron(III) Chloride in 50mL of water.
- Make a solution of 10gm of Potassium FerroCyanide in 75mL of water.
- Add Iron Chloride solution into Potassium FerroCyanide(K4[Fe(CN)6]) solution while stirring briskly.
- A dark blue colour very fine powdered type substance precipitates.
- Filter the precipitate and wash it with water. It takes along time to filter this substance.
3K4[Fe(CN)6] + 4FeCl3 Fe4[Fe(CN)6]3
Total mass of reactants used=
(excluding mass of water used for dilution)
Mass of Paint/Pigment obtained=
Efficiency In Formation Of Blue Pigment Obtained is =
Fine Poster Paints Were obtained using various Chemicals and Reactants.